Saturday, July 23, 2011

"He who trims himself to suit everyone will soon whittle himself away" -Raymond Hull

Me, Myself, and I. thought i knew who i was. Erica.
This summer, i literally have been at my house maybe a total f 8 hours, which was to sleep, in my bed, and you know what i have figured out, it is really hard to figure out who are when you are with people TWENTY-FOUR------SEVEN. Yes, friends are fun, and family is good but how much of an act are you putting on when you're with these people, what mask are you wearing? - this, this question has sat in the back of my mind constantly this past week....and i'm tired of it just drifting farther and farther in my head, i'm going to do something about it, get away from people for awhile. With friends i have learned what annoys me, when and why i put on my mask of laughter, and why i love these terrible people....but i want to know ME, not the Erica that loves the color purple, or the Erica that loves kids, or hates reading, but loves to express herself through writing, i want to know the desires and wants of my heart. I mean how can i get married to someone and not know who i am, truly. I want to get to the point where i DON'T have to hide behind anything, guys, smiles, laughter, makeup. My heart wrote this, so i'm not so sure you'll quite understand it, but hey it is the first step.

1 comment:

  1. I am beyond glad you are realizing this now. Do not waiver from this commitment to find YOU, no matter what your people at church, home, school, friends, etc. say. Keep seeking.

    ReplyDelete